DO YOU CARE ABOUT HUMAN RIGHTS?
Did you know in Libya...
- Ghaddafy rules supreme. He ordered confiscation of private businesses.
- Ownership of independent media is illegal.
- Formation of or belonging to a political party is a crime punishable by death.
- Security forces arbitrarily arrest, kidnap and detain persons.
- Many political detainees are held for years without charge or trial.
- Torturing of prisoners has been reported.
- The state can punish entire families, towns and
districts for the wrong doing of individuals.
- 10-20 percent of Libyans work for the security forces in surveillance.
April 25th at 7:00pm, Kent Hall, Room 413
"Witnesses Speak Out:
Libyan Ruler Muammar Ghaddafy's
Campaign Against Human Rights"
Hussain El Shafei - Libyan expatriate gives an eyewitness account of the Abu Sleem Prison Massacre in Libya
Mohamed Eljahmi - Libyan American democracy activist addresses human rights in Libya
Stephanie Bernstein - Relative of Pan Am 103 victim discusses the attack and efforts to seek justice.
Professor Lincoln Mitchell, School of International and Public Affairs
Sponsored by Foundation for the Defense of Democracies (FDD)
For more information, please contact :