Reply to the message sent by a computer student
"web site/e.mail hijacking and theft"
Replying on the message sent by a computer student "web site/e.mail hijacking and theft"
The answer is YES and is very common too!!
Not only your e-mail or website can be hijacked. In fact your personal computer and the entire data (files and directory) can be hijacked.
Those who have the skill and knowledge in computer and internet security issues can easily find the back holes in any website, DNS server, e-mail account and user login information….
I can assure you that those are not Qaddafi s lackies (some sort of people that can’t think for themselves).
Those lackies are just bodies armed with stolen money and have no knowledge of what internet security is.
The world is full of internet host companies and firms that neither serious nor security and honesty conscious hosts. It’s business as usual.
For those of you using e-mail addresses from YAHOO I want to remind you that a companies like Yahoo is accused of selling out dissidents and has provided Chinese authorities with information about Chinese in exile and inside Chine! Many of those ended up in chine’s jails.
The Mad Dog of the Middle East and his lackies has hands on all Libya resources:
- Libya has the largest proven oil reserves in Africa, followed by Nigeria and Algeria. It has total proven oil reserves
- of about 41.5 billion barrels and it produces about 1.8 million barrels of oil a day. About 80% of Libya's oil reserves
- are located in the Sirte basin, which is responsible for 90% of the country's oil output. Libya also has proven natural
- gas reserves of 52.8 trillion cubic feet. It exports increasing amounts of natural gas to Europe through the Greenstream
- underwater pipeline, which connects Libya with Sicily in Italy. From there, Libyan natural gas flows to the rest of Europe.
With other words, the Mad Dog of the Middle East and his lackies can buy YAHOO, Crystal palace football club, or find hackers and gangsters on the international scene to do the criminal acts and the dirty part of the job.
Once you discover that your website is hijacked - then you may also inform the host of the hijacked web site and ask him to instantly REMOVE the fake, hijacked web site - it is within his moral and legal obligation to prevent criminal acts and to prevent abuse of his hosting services and servers for criminal and damaging purpose he can with a single command line instantly remove the entire fake site or at least instantly block all access to it ... all within a VERY few minutes as a webmaster or hostmaster all have a professional obligation to KNOW the difference between the original and a fake web site that has
been hijacked !!
Ps: if you are using e-mail accounts from YAHOO or HOTMAIL or any free e-mail service then you have only yourself to blame!
Libya in my mind.